Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

...

The last few weeks Annabeth has started using the word "after." The only problem is, she has it confused with the word "before", so she'll say something like, "I want to read a story after my nap" and when I say, "Ok. We'll read a story when you wake up from your nap," she gets really upset. I've tried to explain to her the difference between "before" and "after", but she's still working on figuring it out.

Today we went to the grocery store, and I was talking to one of the ladies about pacifiers. She said that her son used one, and called it a "binkie", and I told her how Annabeth had named hers an "abba" from the time she could talk. Annabeth, who is listening to the whole conversation as she sat in the little "car" attached to the front of the grocery cart, pipes up as if she needed to set the record straight, "Lady, it's called a pacifier!"

No comments:

Post a Comment