Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Annabeth wanted to listen to her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse CD that she got for her birthday (thank you Carolyn and Rachel :) ) yesterday. We've listened to it a couple of times since her birthday. When we were heading downstairs to listen, she said "Rachel has that one." Which is amazing, because I never told her that, and Rachel does have it. :) I can only think that she overheard Carolyn telling me at our MOPS meeting last Thursday that Rachel has it and really likes it. It wouldn't surprise me.. that kind of thing is happening more and more.

The other thing that was amazing to me is when we were listening to the CD. There is a song on there about "The Library." She heard the first few notes of the song, which she has only heard a couple times, and she says "The Library Song!" I don't know, but for me as a first time mom, it's just amazing to see her little mind at work. :)

Oh, yesterday when we were taking a walk, we decided to go by our neighbors' house. They have goats and chickens. She remembered feeding them peanuts a few weeks ago when our neighbor Bonnie was out in her yard, and wanted to feed them again. I said, "Annabeth, what are we going to feed them?" At first she said "My jacket!" but when I vetoed that idea, she said "Grass!" and went and picked some and took it to them. They didn't like it too much, but I remembered our neighbor Leslie (who also has goats) telling me that there's a purple wildflower that the goats like to eat. I found some and gave it to Annabeth, and she was really pleased when the goats started eating it.

For those of you who don't know and didn't figure it out from the last paragraph, we live in the country now. :) Here's a picture of our house. (Click on picture for a larger version)



2 comments:

  1. Heidi-I love your rose arbor. It's so pretty out there where you live. Are you still liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - we are. it's been really dry this spring, so it's not as pretty, but we had some rain yesterday (thank you Lord!) so hopefully that will help

    ReplyDelete