Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our little dancer..

Lately, Annabeth's favorite way to play is to run around the house. When she was younger, she liked sitting and playing with her dollhouse, or coloring, or more sedentary activities, but lately she has been on the move. One of her favorite things to do is to "da nce" around her grandma's room to upbeat Spanish music. Her dancing mostly consists of running around and around in circles, sometimes holding a stuffed animal dance partner.

Tonight when I put her to bed, she wanted to dance, so I turned on some Spanish music for her in her room for a few minutes. She asked me, "Mommy, is this marching music?" I told her, "It's dancing music!" Then she asked, "Mommy, is it shaking your bottom music?" Oh boy, I don't know where she got that one from. I'll have to ask her grandma. :)

Some other funny moments from the last few days..

Last week before I went to the grocery store, I asked Maria if there was anything I could get her from the store that week. As I added a couple of items to my list, Annabeth said, "Grandma, do you want cottage cheese?" Annabeth loves sharing cottage cheese with her Grandma. When I brought it home, she danced around, saying "Yay! Cottage Cheese!" I'm glad she can get so excited over something that's pretty good for her at the same time. :)

After dinner the other night, she asked if she could play in her Grandma's room. When I said yes, she said, "Yay!" A short pause, then, "Now I'm going to sing a pause about it!" She then danced around in a circle, and sang, to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain." "Play, play, play, play, play..."

While we were cleaning up from dinner that same night, Annabeth asked me for some crackers. I asked her if she wanted Saltine crackers, but that's not what she wanted.. she asked for the round crackers. While I was getting down the Ritz crackers to give her a couple, she asked me, "Do you know what I'm asking you for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment