Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Learning manners..

We have been working on training Annabeth to say "please" and "thank you," and it's neat to see her catching on.

Last night and the night before at dinner, when Annabeth asked for tea and Pat gave her some from his cup, she said. "Thank you for sharing!"

Annabeth has learned pretty well over the last few months to say "May I.... please?" when she wants something or wants to do something. She gets a little confused when she wants to ask someone else to do something for her, though, and it sounds something like, "May I, you, carry me up the stairs please?" She's definitely trying, though, and has the concept, which is great.

This is not related to manners, but just something funny that Annabeth said. Today at church and this evening when we were snuggling for a few minutes after her nap, she rubbed my arm and said, "I'm petting you."

No comments:

Post a Comment