Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh, the things they say...

I was reading a newsletter today that I get by email from BabyCenter.com (a website that will send you information and articles of interest based on the age of your child - from conception on
) that said that preschoolers Annabeth's age say the funniest things. It is so true. Here are a few of the latest..

Sometimes Annabeth misspeaks certain words, especially when she is emotional...

We were at a parade last weekend with our friends the Junglings, and the kids were picking up all kinds of candy being thrown from the floats. At one point, Annabeth excitedly asked me, "Mommy, can I see her pollilop?!"

Annabeth then spent the afternoon with the Junglings, and "Aunt" Kelly told me that sometimes when Annabeth said her name, she would say "Annabeth" and sometimes she would say "Annageth". I heard her do this last night when we were over at our neighbors' house. I don't know if it's because she's a little shy being around people she's not used to, or what, although she usually warms up very quickly.

Annabeth also likes to make up words, both in English and in Spanish. (she's learning some Spanish words, courtesy both of Grandma and Dora the Explorer) Her spanish mostly consists of little slang phrases ("I want to go mimis" for I want to take a nap, "I have a yaya" when she gets hurt) Tonight she used another slang phrase her grandma taught her quite appropriately. We were eating dinner and she accidentally dropped something, and said, "Ay Carumba!" (she also likes to say "Ay Chihuahua!")

Lately when I carry her up the stairs, she hangs onto me and says, "I'm your little monkey." Yesterday, she said, "I'm the baby monkey, you're the mama monkey - let's go to the branch."

No comments:

Post a Comment